WN Artists Acrylic 60ml S2 Ultramarine Violet
|Stock Level||Supplier SKU||Manufacturer SKU||Brand|
Artists' Acrylic is Winsor & Newton's best premium acrylic range. It is a real breakthrough in acrylic paint colour technology.
Extensive research and testing means this is the brightest ever series of Artists' Acrylic. The latest advances in resin technology and Winsor & Newton's world-beating colour making experience means the new series has taken 'brilliance' to a new level. Additionally the colours are as brilliant whether wet or dry - so what you see is what you get. Brilliance can be thought of as the depth, intensity and richness of the colour. Our research showed acrylic artists value this over most other features of their paint. As a result, heavy emphasise was given to this in the research and development phase. Brilliance does not mean the colours are garish. The earths, blacks and whites should be clean and not dull. Clarity and purity of colour should be evident whether the colour is applied straight from the tube or in the thinnest of films.
The new Winsor & Newton Artists' Acrylics are unmatched due to:
1) A new revolutionary transparent binder that is translucent when wet and dries clear. It is this that ensures there is virtually no colour shift.
2) High quality single pigments - the series has a total of 69 single pigment colours which, at 86% of the range is unrivalled. Naturally only the highest grade pigments are used. This ensures the strongest, brightest and cleanest colours possible, giving a wider choice and better colour mixing abilities.
3) Very high pigment strength ensuring strong colours and permanence. The Winsor & Newton permanence rating is the most stringent in the art materials industry, measuring not only lightfastness, but also film and chemical stability of the finished paint. All 80 colours within the Artists' Acrylic range are rated as permanent for artists' use, earning an AA or A rating. Hue or handling properties have not been compromised in the development of improvements in lightfastness. Colours such as Alizarin Crimson, Sap Green, and Hooker's Green are often associated with low lightfastness, yet with Artists' Acrylic, Permanent Alizarin Crimson, Permanent Sap Green and Hooker's Green provide the true hues with a lasting permanence. Future generations will be able to view your artwork as you intended if you use these permanent colours.
4) Longer working time - feedback from artists indicates that when compared to oil colours, acrylics can dry a little too quickly for some, thereby restricting some painting techniques. Artists' Acrylic now have a 20% longer working time than the previous range of Finity Artists' Acrylics. This translates to roughly 20-30 minutes (depending on the colour thickness) making Artists' Acrylic ideally suited for those who want plenty of time to work and blend their paints on the palette and canvas.
5) Durability of Paint Film - acrylics are an extraordinarily versatile medium adhering to a wide range of substrates - in fact anything which is not too glossy or greasy. They can be used with or without primers from the most dilute water colour washes and transparent glazes to the thickest impastos.
Artists' Acrylic is designed and manufactured to ensure it can not only achieve all this but will dry to a water resistant film which is non-tacky preventing dust and dirt embedding in the acrylic over time.
6) Opacity & Covering Power -Winsor & Newton Artists' Acrylic includes a good mix of opaque and transparent colours offering satisfying levels of opacity and covering power. Covering power is how well a paint can cover previous layers or how far it spreads on the canvas. This is influenced by the natural pigment strength, the level of pigment in the colour and the opacity of the pigment. The highest level of pigmentation used in Winsor & Newton Artists' Acrylic provides unmatched levels of tinting strength and covering power. Transparent colours such as the synthetic organics (Phthalocyanines and Quinacridones) give clean colour mixing, while opaque colours such as the Cadmiums and earth colours, offer the greatest covering power.
7) Luxuriously Soft & Buttery Consistency - Artists' Acrylic offers the smooth, thick, buttery consistency preferred by most knowledgeable artists, with no stringiness, allowing easy handling, blending and mixing. These acrylics retain brushstrokes and the profile of the paint for excellent impasto effects. They also dilute gradually as water or medium is added, giving artists the maximum control over their paint.